Patrick (Pat) T. Crawley is nationally recognized as one of Oklahoma’s premier trial lawyers and appellate specialists.
Mr. Crawley received his law degree (Juris Doctor) from the University of Oklahoma, College of Law in Norman, Oklahoma. In law school, as a result of making the Dean’s Honor Roll, Mr. Crawley was inducted into Phi Delta Phi the Oldest & Most Prestigious Law Fraternity in North America. His strong aptitude for the law also led Mr. Crawley to study law and augment his legal education at Oxford University.
Before he finished law school, Mr. Crawley was hired into the chambers of the Honorable Edgar Parks who at the time was the Presiding Judge on the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals. Mr. Crawley researched the law and drafted many opinions for Judge Parks while at the Court of Criminal Appeals. Mr. Crawley’s experience with the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals provided an invaluable base of appellate knowledge.
Following his tenure with the Court of Criminal Appeals, Mr. Crawley was appointed an Assistant Attorney General. As a longtime Assistant Attorney General Mr. Crawley provided advice and assistance to district judges throughout the State as part of his duties. As an Assistant Attorney General, Mr. Crawley also litigated issues and cases in nearly every state district court in Oklahoma and in all three federal district courts, the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court. During this time, Mr. Crawley was also appointed a Special Prosecutor in Oklahoma County. Mr. Crawley also had an active role in the Oklahoma City Bombing case and was admitted to practice pro hac vice in the Federal District Court in Denver to complete his functions in the case against Timothy McVeigh.
Mr. Crawley’s legal skills and reputation as a highly experienced attorney eventually drew the attention of Martindale Hubbell® the world’s oldest and most respected legal resource. Martindale Hubble vetted Mr. Crawley and bestowed the highest possible rating any attorney can achieve in the world because of Mr. Crawley’s high ethics and legal acumen.
Mr. Crawley was appointed as a full time Assistant District Attorney in Oklahoma County, where he became one of the most prominent career prosecutors in the state, prosecuting all types of felony cases, including drug trafficking, robberies, and murders. In November of 2010, Mr. Crawley retired as a career prosecutor for the State of Oklahoma and entered private practice with the law firm.
Mr. Crawley’s practice now includes all manner of civil law (both plaintiff and defendant), criminal defense, federal and state habeas corpus, as well as civil and criminal appellate practice.
Legal Education & Accomplishments
- University of Oklahoma: Juris Doctor
- Oxford University: (Legal Aspects European Economic Community: United Kingdom Parliamentary Law: English Law)
- Lifetime member of Phi Delta Phi* (International Legal Fraternity)
- Oliver Wendell Holmes Inn -- (The Oldest & Most Prestigious Law Fraternity in North America - Founded 1869), Dean’s Honor Roll required for membership
United States Supreme Court
United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
United States District Courts for the Western, Eastern & Northern Districts of Oklahoma
Oklahoma Supreme Court
Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals, all District Courts and other nisi prius courts in Oklahoma
United States District Court for the District of Colorado (pro hac vice) OKC BOMB (Active Roll in United States v. Timothy McVeigh (OKC Bombing Trial in Denver))
Rated AV Preeminent, the highest possible rating 5.0 out of 5.0 in legal ability & ethics by Martindale Hubbell®, the world’s oldest and most respected legal resource.
- Litigated cases up through the United States Supreme Court
- Successfully prosecuted numerous cases from 1st Degree Murders to Robberies, Drug Trafficking and other serious felony crimes
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of criminal law & formidable knowledge and experience in civil law
- Considered highly knowledgeable in appellate practice, state and federal habeas corpus actions
- Advisor to courts & attorneys on constitutional & legal issues
- Prominent Police Officer (60’s&70’s): (Undercover Narcotics Detective; Police Supervisor/SWAT Team Commander); FBI Academy (Anti-Sniper/Hostage Negotiator)
- Chairman of the Republican Party for Midwest City: circa 1970
- Corporate CEO of Multi-State Corporation: (1978-1989)